Construction Surveying Overview
Construction surveying is the process of translating construction plans into physical points on the ground that are used as a basis for the actual construction. This type of surveying operates in all three dimensions, providing not only the horizontal location of new improvements, but also the vertical information required to ensure that surfaces will drain or that pipes will flow as required.
The results of construction surveying can be seen everywhere – virtually all buildings, roadways, and other man-made improvements involve some amount of construction surveying.
Mollenhauer has one of the largest construction surveying divisions in Southern California, and has provided construction surveying services on some of the largest and most celebrated construction projects in Los Angeles, including Los Angeles County and USC Medical Center, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, and Kaiser Permanente facilities in Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, and Ontario.
Construction surveying services provided by Mollenhauer include:
- As-built Surveys
- Commercial Site Staking
- Construction Site Staking (control points, layout, curb & gutter, etc.)
- Drainage Improvement Staking (rough grading and storm structure staking)
- Dry and Wet Utility Staking
- Global Positioning Surveying (GPS – RTK & Static)
- High-Rise Construction Surveys
- Horizontal and Vertical Control for Tunneling Projects
- Infrastructure Project Staking
- Pre-Construction Surveying Reviews
- Photo-Documentation & Monitoring
- Pipeline Surveys
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control